Thursday, January 26, 2012

Busy Bee



Well, I have been a busy little bee around here. I've been working on my Southern Artisan Page, which you should check out because it is full of some of the best southern artisans in the South. I have been filling orders from my Etsy shop, most of them custom. I love custom work because my customers have the coolest ideas! Most of their ideas become permanent in my shop, too. I just got a request for a burlap pillow with a chevron pattern on it from my wonderful client, Cassidy. I was up for making something new with burlap. I drew out a chevron pattern on card stock and cut it out. Then, I took some fabric paint and stenciled the pattern onto the burlap and well, it turned out lovely! So, I cut more pillow covers and made a baby blue one and then, since my creativity was sparked, i saw a roll of painters tape and used that to stencil some big polka dots on a pillow cover in lime green.
So, needless to say, I love how they look and am so thankful for my customers and their creative, decorating energy!

Here's a look at how they turned out :



I'd love to hear what you think! Oh, and any creative ideas are encouraged. 
Another tip, you can use cookie cutters as stencils, too!

Happy making, y'all!
Pam


I'm linked up at these awesome blogs. You will find some really pretty inspiring projects:

1/2012-1st-project-of-year-party.html" >

freckled laundry





22 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Pamela! Found you at the C&B Party at Amy's. I'm not usually a party preacher but you should link these up to my Air Your Laundry Friday textile party too! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! I will check out the link party and add mine. Thanks for the invite, too!
      Too sweet.
      Pam

      Delete
  2. Darling pillows! Would love for you to come share them at Feathered Nest Friday sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I added this to Feathered Nest Friday. Take care!
      Pam

      Delete
  3. I love these. I just started using burlap. Did you wash them first I am wondering how they feel? The burlap I bought is kind stiff, but also frays very easily. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy. I haven't washed the burlap. However, I believe you can wash it cold, delicate. No dryer. I just spot clean mine, if needed. It is rough, but I only use mine for decoration and not to lay on. I'm so glad you found my blog and like these!
      Pam

      Delete
  4. Ohhhhh, I love, love, love these! And that tip about cookie cutters! Thank you. I'm off to see what else you've been up to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE them!! I work with burlap alot and I am going to have to give that a try! Thanks for sharing! Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checked out your Etsy shop and love it too! I am going to have to get that You are my Sunshine sign for my sister's birthday.. that is the song my Gramma used to sing to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      That would be great! I sang it to all my kids, too. It's a classic.

      Delete
  7. Just stopping back by to say thanks for lining up at Feathered Nest Friday! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be linking up again soon! You beautiful blog loaded with great ideas!

      Delete
  8. I just love these pillows! It's such a cute way to freshen up burlap! Love the colors and designs you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea. Congrats on making the top 12 at WhisperWood Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Iesha! I saw your comment and it made my day because I hadn't realized it until I saw this! lol

      Delete
  10. I absolutely LOVE your pillows....burlap is my favorite and this is a great project with it. Congrats on your top 12 feature over at WhisperWood Cottage.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so sweet! Congratulations to you on your bathroom makeover making it to the top 12! I love the colors and textures! I'm so honored to be in the presence of you and the others.
      xo
      pam

      Delete
  11. Love the pillows, congrats on making it to the top 12 on Whisper Wood Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are so gorgeous! love the texture and colors- congrats on top 12!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job, Pamela! Congratulations on being in the Top 12 at WWC! I love the patterns and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on making the Top 12 at WWC! I love making pillows and these are just beautiful and so creative!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback!