Friday, January 20, 2012

Repurposed Toleware Shade

I was doing a little redecorating in my bedroom, today. Not really, redecorating. Just changing out my linens with some I already had and rearranging a few pieces. I had one of those "A-ha" moments when I was looking at my vintage toleware light fixture, which I have had for years. I was intending to hang it somewhere, but it just hadn't happened, yet. Back to the "A-ha" moment...I thought that I could convert it to a shade. I discovered I needed a lamp harp to attach it to a lamp. So, I headed to Target and bought one and, of course, I browsed the aisles, and found this great mustard lamp on sale. The scale was right and so, well,....I bought it! I got home and I gutted the toleware piece and attached the harp and screwed on the shade in no more than 5 minutes. It was a simple DIY. 

this was it before...
and after!




You can find this at these wonderful linky parties:




Funky Junk Interiors

1 comment:

  1. Could not love it more! So cute! Such a perfect blend of old and new!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback!