Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Farm House Pillowcases


In the middle of a lot of orders from last week, I took some time to make these farm house style pillowcases. Atleast, that's what they make me think of:  a farm house out in the country filled with vintage goods and burlap and these pretty pillowcases stacked on each bed, in all different colors and patterns. 



I found the calico fabrics and pompom trim at Joanns. I used a standard pillowcase I already had on hand and used it as the template. I cut the fabric and sewed the hem one of the ends. Then, I took matching embroidery floss and hand embroidered the pompoms to the pillowcase. Last, I folded the case, right sides together and sewed the unfinished edges. Turn it right side out and I was done. Not very complicated, but I must warn you, for pillowcases, the fabric and trim isn't cheap. It takes a yard of fabric for each case. You'll only have about 5" left on the end to use for another project.

Well, I'm off to finish some work around here! I'll be back soon with another project that has to do with picture frames...

Happy making!
Pam




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback!