Monday, November 21, 2011

From Pallet to Art with a Beatles Twist

I have repurposed another dusty pallet and made it something charming and unique!
I used the Beatles lyrics from "All You Need Is Love" and painted the panels alternating
black & white stripes. I put a big light turquoise heart in the center because red would be too obvious. 
No, really, because I am loving turquoise this year, so why not a blue heart?
Anyway, I think it turned out really funky and fun.


I listed it in my Etsy shop (SOLD & now, hanging in Deep South Pout boutique), but I would so love to hang it in my living room. 
This would so rock in a teen room, too. Oh, or even in a funky beach cottage.




Right now, it is sitting on my living room floor, next to a guitar, of course.

Pallets can be found all over the place and sometimes stores will give them away. 
I have made tables with them, too. There are lots of ideas floating around on blogs like Apartment Therapy and Pinterest. I hope this has inspired to take an old wooden piece and make art out of it.


P.S. I have entered this project in Not Just a Housewife's DIY contest. Check it out!





P.S.S. This can be found here, too!

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

8 comments:

  1. I love this! Adore your choice of colors too. :)

    Shared on FJI Facebook and pinned for SNS 108. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150457102721141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Donna! LOL I'm sitting here in the wee hours in GA reading through your 31 Days Blog to Biz! I am so into it that I don't want to stop reading. I am so flattered you like my pallet art! Thanks for sharing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love that!!! Will you be making more??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elma! I make these to order, now.
      This one is sitting in a cute clothing boutique, Deep South Pout, in Mississippi.
      You can email me if you're interested inhaling one made
      pamelajoycedesigns@me.com

      Pam

      Delete
    2. not inhaling one! lol
      in having one made. :)

      Delete
  4. nice work!

    http://www.creativepallet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this - such an inspiring piece of artwork. I've featured this on my blog and wanted to share the bloggy love so that everyone can see your talent.

    Thanks so much for rockin' the inspiration!
    Jen @ Noting Grace
    http://notinggrace.blogspot.com/2015/02/rockin-roundup-10-best-wood-pallet.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. But others don't know how to love their spirits are eaten by Demons
    Anyways, nice DIY recycled pallet project
    liquidation pallets

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback!