Monday, July 25, 2011

Simple & Quick BLT Salad for 2

I didn't anticipate sharing recipes here, but I do occasionally like to cook, bake, or in this case "not cook." I guess this is "not" cooking, but rather making a meal.
While visiting my family in Indianapolis, IN last week, we had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory because I don't have one where I live and I looooove their green tea with mint! So whenever I visit, it is now tradition to dine there. Besides the awesome tea, their food is pretty good (for a chain restaurant), too.
My dad ordered the BLT salad and it looked so refreshing during these dog days of summer. This is my attempt at imitating their BLT salad for 2:




You will need:

1 head of iceburg lettuce
1 med tomato
shredded cheese of your choice
your favorite ranch dressing
chopped REAL bacon ( I used the Oscar Meyer prechopped
because it is supposed to be easy & quick.
You can cook and chop your own bacon, though)

Cut your head of lettuce in half & rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
Dice your tomato. Place each lettuce half on a plate.
Spoon desired amount of ranch dressing on the lettuce and spread
to cover the top.




Then, start layering your other toppings. I started with the bacon.




Then, the shredded cheese,




and last, the tomato. Repeat for other salad. Easy peasy!




There you have it! A simple salad that presents well and tastes like summer.
If you make it, tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback!