Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Burlap, Animal Print, & Ruffles

I am really excited about my newest D.I.Y. I was at the Dollar General, after dropping the kids off at school, just browsing around. I had to pick up boring stuff like toothbrushes or something like that and low and behold I saw the clearance aisle in the back. There sat stacked were 3 lonely animal print shades. I  have been wanting to make shade slipcovers so I bought them, thinking they were 1/2 price. Don't you just love it when you get to the register and they say it is another 50% off the sale price! So, they were $1.86 each. How I was wishing there were more.

This is what they looked like before.

This is what it looks like after. I just love the simplicity of burlap. The ruffles make it more elegant and fun. 


I added some jute rope trim to the top.

By leaving the animal print underneath, there is a playful print when the light is on. 

ok, not the best pic! Sorry, about that. I just wanted to show how it looks lit. 


I don't know yet where I will use this, but I will finish the other shade the same way, so I will have two. My whole house is getting a makeover, so there's no telling where they will end up. When I figure it out, I will let you know.

I will also post the tutorial for this, soon. I was just so excited about this, that I had to share!


Happy making!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback!