Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Revival #2

Ok, so this is a strange Revival, but a revival, nonetheless. I was looking at my very old bathroom scale. She is probably about 10 years old! She has been my dear friend at times and at others my disdain! Let's just say, she has seen me through my "ups & downs."

Well, my husband needed to use her to weigh some things for a project outside and she was left out in the rain. (He never seems to put anything back where he found it.grrrrrr!) Well, her somewhat white stick on top, where you put your feet, began top peel off. But the old gal still worked! So, I gave her a makeover.


I must say, she turned out so cute! I took off her peeling, sticky facing and traced it onto the back of some scrapbook paper I had in my stash. I cut that out and spread Modge Podge(a decoupage glue) all over the top of the scale wher the old piece was. Then, I carefully place the orange polkadot paper in place. I took a spoon and used the back of it to rub out any air bubbles from the center out towards the sides. I am a very impatient crafter, so I used my trusty hair dryer to hurry the process along. Once dried, I used a sponge brush to cover the paper with water-based, satin finish polyurethane. I applied 2 coats. that was it! I think she looks great sitting in my bathroom. Who wouldn't want to step on this scale?!
So, if you have an old scale that looks like it needs replacing and just takes away from your decorated bath decor, add some coordinating paper to it! Don't throw it away! No waste, here. Actually, if I had it laying around, I would have use oilcloth, instead of scrapbook paper. That way I wouldn't have to poly it. But this works just fine and there are definitely more paper selections and are readily available to most peoplem unlike oilcloth.

Well, if you revive an old scale, I would love for you to share it here!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback!